This page currently contains job adverts for the following roles:
- Peace Feast Project Manager
Please scroll down for full description, job description and application form.
Peace Feast Project Manager (2 days per week / 15 hours per week)
We are looking for a Peace Feast Project Manager to work 2 days a week with us from March 2020, delivering, developing and replicating the Peace Feast model.
15 hours a week
£25,750 pro rota
1-year contract, pending successful review after 3 months.
This post is line managed by the Managing Director at Bridges for Communities.
This exciting job opportunity would be perfect if you are able to develop an existing local programme of events and scale it up to reach a wider audience.
Peace Feasts have been running in Bristol and Cardiff for 8 years, and have brought together around 3000 people at 55 events, enabling them to share a meal and build understanding and friendship in the process. They have taken place in restaurants, community centres, places of worship and public spaces, and have engaged with different communities and different themes. To see some examples of recent events, visit https://www.bridgesforcommunities.com/stories/peace-feast/.
We are now looking to develop the Peace Feast model, exploring how it can be more effective and reach more people, in the belief that activities which bring people together and facilitate conversation and engagement are much needed in Britain today.
This person will be responsible for the following:
- Organising and managing monthly Peace Feasts in different areas of Bristol
- Researching the best strategy for replication of Peace Feasts beyond Bristol
- Developing resources, materials and training to facilitate replication
- Promoting the idea of Peace Feasts widely to encourage people to organize them
- Liaising with potential Peace Feast hosts and supporting the first Peace Feasts beyond Bristol
- Monitoring and evaluating Peace Feast’s effectiveness
- Experience with event management
- Experience, or able to demonstrate aptitude in project evaluation and replication / growth
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build a strong network with diverse communities
- Strong IT and admin skills
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Experience with social media and other communication channels
Download the full Job Description
Download the application form below, and return it to . Deadline for applications: Fri 28th Feb, 5pm.
Follow up interviews to take place during the week commencing 2nd March.
Contact Dan using the email address above if you have any questions.